four unique parts,
all with the same
level of importance.
50% Calcium Carbonate
- CaCO3 in SRC has a loosely bonded nanocrystalline structure creating extremely reactive aglime. SRC is very effective in combating aluminum toxicity and soil acidification.
- All essential plant/ microbial/mineralogical nanoscale interactions in the soil have been enhanced through SRC trials. Organic chemistry, mineral/nutrient content (highest brix), accelerated germination, increased root mass and extent are all improved through usage of SRC
- CaCO3 in SRC is the most reactive and only magmatic, high calcium aglime available in bulk in North America. With credit for its other macro/micronutrients and high activity clay SRC is the lowest cost high calcium aglime available within Great Lakes agricultural core.
25% Biotite (Potassium Mica / Pyroxene / Vermiculite)
- Biotite mica is primary, high energy clay which exchanges potassium cations for OH and alters to vermiculite.
- Surplus potassium in the soil solution is reacquired by vermiculite reverting back to biotite. Thus, potassium from biotite is 100% plant available compared to 20 to 25% for chemical potash fertilizers.
- Manure compost plus SRC biotite can supply all potassium requirements for soils.
- Biotite functions immediately as fast as chemical fertilizer at supplying K within the growing season.
- SRC pyroxene group of minerals rich in magnesium and iron are the most reactive in the Spanish River Carbonatite Complex deposit.
- During the formation of soil clays, magnesium is consumed in large quantities to form high cation-exchange capacity clay minerals such as chlorite, montmorillonite and illites.
12% Apatite (Phosphorus)
- With unique & exceptional reactivity properties, the apatite in SRC is one of the cleanest rock phosphate agromineral fertilizers available containing no radioactive or heavy metals.
- For a quality soil with high energy clays and nanoscale interactions intact, SRC phosphorous is 100% plant available as apposed to 10 to 15% plant available in chemical phosphate fertilizer.
- When SRC is applied at 1 tonne/acre - phosphorous sufficiency is achieved.
13% Trace and Rare Earth Elements
SRC contains the most extensive suite of trace minerals of any organic or chemical fertilizer Boreal has evaluated. Many are critical catalysts in mineral/microbial/plant interactions and explain in part SRC’s excellent response over a vast and complex array of different soil types and growing conditions.
Partial List of Trace Elements (Note: as ppm – parts per million):
- 1200 ppm manganese (Mn)
- 60 ppm zinc (Zn)
- 10 ppm copper (Cu)
- 10 ppm cobalt (Co)
- 12 ppm molybdenum (Mo)
- 40 ppm boron (B)